Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips Review


It’s no secret that I’m not a nail art fan. I’ve always said that I appreciate the artistry, creativity and certainly the skill involved but it’s just not my bag. I do see designs from time to time that wow me but I won’t be jumping on the nail art bandwagon anytime soon.
However for those of you who are into nail art but professional services, including Minx, are out of your budget and DIY’ing isn’t in your skill set, Sally Hansen has a solution for you.  The recently launched line, Sally Hansen Salon Effects, are nail appliqués made from real nail polish.  These easy to apply nail polish strips come in an array of styles including solid color glitters and neons for those of us looking for a zero dry time, on-the-go manicure solution.
I recently gave the strips a go putting the “Lasts Up To 10 Days” claim to the test.  Keep reading to see how they fared.


Formula & Application: Sally Hansen Salon Effects are made with real nail polish and are 4-Free (including Formaldehyde Resin) however because they have a different formula than the regular Sally Hansen nail polish I suggest you read the ingredients in full before purchasing to avoid allergic reactions.  Each Salon Effects package includes 16 strips in varying sizes, a cuticle stick and mini file/buffer.
Application instructions are included with each package and are very easy to understand.  You select the correct size strip for each nail, peel off the protective film, detach the polish strip from the backing, press on to the nail and file off the excess.  What’s great about these strips is that each end has a different shape, one rounded the other squared, so you can find a good fit for your cuticle line.
Application tips:
  • Warm the strips with your hands to make them more pliable.
  • Bend the strip over your free edge and use the file to remove the excess rather than tearing it off.  Tearing can result in an uneven edge.
  • Between sizes?  Size up and use the enclosed cuticle stick to remove the excess off your skin.
  • Don’t submerge in water right after applying.  I took a shower shortly after applying and the pinkie strip popped right off and my ring finger pulled up some.  I pushed the ring finger back down and it lasted fine but I suggest waiting a couple hours before bathing.
Of all the patterns in the Salon Effects line I was most drawn to Misbehaved.  I dug the shimmery champagne background and simple black fishnet design.  Throughout the week I received numerous compliments from friends and strangers and I chuckled as the impressed looks on their faces fell when I told them it was an appliqué and not my own handiwork.  As if I could create lines that clean on my own.  I’d be a professional nail artist if that was the case.


Newer Post Older Post Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...